Hi

Hi
(this is me)... in 1966-ish

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Back in Hong Kong

Bonnie and her buddy, Ramona learning to make banana pudding (which I taught how to make but did not partake)

It's nice to be back home. (can't believe I'm saying that about HK).

I've been back almost 48 hours. I landed Friday morning at 5:30am. By 1:30 I already had an appt. to see Dr. Wu about my knee that has hurt like.. a hurting knee. I did an MRI right after I saw him but don't know the results yet.. Should know by Monday, hope it's not bad but I get the feeling it's a torn meniscus. (however you spell that).
Last week at Bonnie's (Mon-Wed) we were exhausted, especially the 'me' part of we. Here's Bonnie and Motzie, her rabbit. (short for Mozzarella)During that time with all of it's running around and staying up til all hours of the night, I did manage to walk Hudson one day w/ Bonnie for an hour and a half (in 108 degree heat... no kidding) and the next day I walked 2 and a half miles while Bonnie worked with her Rugby team.



Now it's Saturday night. This morning I started the day (early) with 30 minutes of Yoga. Yoga is hard.... but so effective. Later today we had lunch with Kevin and Pat's sister & husband who are in town. I packed my gym bag just in case we had a chance to go the American Club for exercise. We found time and I worked really hard. 10 min on the bike for warmup, then 30 minutes on the eliptical with my heart rate UP most of that time. Then a few of the weight machines ending with some stretching and 50 sit-ups. It felt great to work hard again. I think I've developed a love for that hard work. My knee hurts now which is a bummer because it didn't hurt much at all before I exercised.
Really?

Am I really going to have to have surgery on this knee too? No word yet but it seems unjust that last October my right knee went under the knife and now my left knee is not doing well. Thank God I only have 2 legs, otherwise you KNOW that a 3rd one would be acting up 6 months from now.
We have 4 visitors arriving tomorrow for a week. My niece, Jenny and her new husband Aaron. + Jenny's friend (?) and my nephew, Eric. I'm very happy they're coming. :-)
Anyway, I'm exercising and eating well.... and I like it.

No comments: